(336) 725-9597

Winston Salem Child Support Attorney

If you need to file for divorce or are going through one, you will have to enter into a child support agreement. This will help ensure that your child will be cared for properly. Child support is a huge aspect of any divorce agreement especially with minor children involved. Unfortunately, this also triggers contentions and disputes between separating spouses.

Why choose us?

We have been serving the Triad area for more than 20 years

We have onboard licensed mediators to help resolve your dispute

We are a Board Certified Family Law Specialist

We provide creative legal strategies to ensure our client’s welfare

Need a lawyer to help you with your child support case in Winston Salem?

With the help of a Winston Salem divorce attorney, you and your family will be able to find a way through the child support process successfully. We aim to provide a legal service that will help you reach an agreement that will benefit your entire family, thus making it easier for you and your family to transition to the next chapter of your lives.

Call us to discover your legal options.

How We Can Help You

Child support payments can be created in two ways:

  1. Through an agreement outside of court
  2. By a court-decided order

Everyone has the chance to go through mediation, but if parents can’t agree on child support, the court will step in and make the decision for the parents. The goal is to ensure that the order is in the best interests of the child.

When the court orders payment of support, the noncustodial parent will need to pay for support until your child turns 18, unless a different time is set. This may be the case for children with special needs.

Child support orders basically determine the manner that you and your spouse will continue to raise your children. This agreement will be a massive part of your lives. We will help ensure that payment is fair and will benefit your child in the long run.

Do you need help with enforcing or modifying child support agreements?

Child Support Enforcement

Once a child support order is placed in effect, the noncustodial parent is obliged by law to pay the amount mandated by the court for child support. Failure to pay could put a parent in contempt of court, and the courts will need to take legal action as they see fit. This could mean garnishing wages and salaries or even issuing a warrant of arrest.

Child Support Modification

If you cannot afford to pay for support due to changes in your financial situation, it is important to speak to you a lawyer to help you. The court will look at the proof of such hardship and once convinced will order a modification of support.


Do you have legal questions about child support?

Click the button below to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation.